Testimony about God's Son
Scripture: 1 John 5:6–5:12
True Life: 1 John
Testimony about God’s Son
1 John 5: 6-12
To have eternal life, you must believe God’s testimony about His Son
1 John 5: 6-12
6 This is he who came by water and blood Jesus Christ; not by the water only but by the water and the blood. And the Spirit is the one who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. 7 For there are three that testify: 8 the Spirit and the water and the blood; and these three agree. 9 If we receive the testimony of men, the testimony of God is greater, for this is the testimony of God that he has borne concerning his Son. 10 Whoever believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself. Whoever does not believe God has made him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has borne concerning his Son. 11 And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1) God’s validating testimony about Jesus Christ is by his baptism, death and Spirit, 5:6-9.
2) If you believe in God’s Son you have the testimony in yourself, 5:10.
3) If you don’t believe God’s testimony about His Son you have made Him a liar, 5:10.
4) God’s testimony is that He gave us eternal life and this life is in His Son, 5:11.
5) If you have the Son you have life; if you don’t have God’s Son you don’t have life, 5:12.