Receive the Holy Spirit, part 2: God's plan for us to receive the Spirit
Topic: Discipleship Scripture: Genesis 1:1–5, Exodus 19:1– 20:21, Judges 13:1– 16:31, Matthew 3:1– 4:11, Acts 2:1–39
Pause the recording and click here to watch the video that Mickey showed during the lesson.
1. What stood out from the lesson? Do you have any questions?
2. Describe an ideal relationship with a lifelong friend. DISCUSS. From the qualities discussed, which ones do you see existing in your relationship with God vs which are lacking? DISCUSS.
3. Imagine that every morning before going to school, you literally sat at your kitchen table to eat breakfast and hang out with God the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. What would change in the way you lived each day?
4. What was the Spirit doing in each of the 5 stories we heard about tonight?
(Creation [Genesis 2], Mt. Sinai [Exodus 19-20], Samson [Judges 13-16], Jesus [Matthew Mark Luke and John], Pentecost [Acts 2])
5. Based on the roles of the Holy Spirit (what He does) we’ve been talking about, how has the spirit been working in you lately?
More in The life of a disciple (Youth)
October 11, 2017From Darkness to Light
October 4, 2017How to share the gospel
June 7, 2017In the world not of it, part 3: Renewing of your mind