Receive the Holy Spirit, part 1: Who is the Holy Spirit?
Topic: Discipleship Scripture: Genesis 1:1, John 1:1–1:4, John 1:14, Mark 1:9–1:11, John 16:7
Discussion questions during lesson:
1.What or who is the Trinity?
2. How do we know that God is made up of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit?
3. What stands out to you about God's relationship with himself in the Trinity?
4. What are some roles you think the Holy Spirit takes on? Take a guess if you don't know!
Other discussion questions:
1. What stood out to you from the lesson? We talked about some big concepts, any questions?
2. Were any of your thoughts about the Trinity and the holy spirit challenged or expanded tonight? If so what did you learn?
3. What places in your life does your relationship with God seem so real?
What places do you find yourself forgetting about that relationship all together?
Why do you think that is?
If time pray together as a group asking for the Holy Spirit to keep revealing himself to us in our lives, especially in the places where we seem to forget about our relationship with God.
Click here for a link to the book Matt reccommended (Forgotten God by Francis Chan).