How do we disciple?
How do we make disciples?
We make disciples through life-on-life modeling and teaching about Jesus and his word
Discipleship is becoming like Jesus Christ in our heart, mind, and actions.
1) If you were asked to make a disciple right now, what is the first thing you would do?
2) In general, how did Jesus disciple the twelve (Hebrews 2:17; John 1:39, 43)?
3) In Mark 5:37, 9:2, and 14:32-33, Jesus invites Peter, James and John into various situations. What can we learn about how to make disciples from what Jesus invites them into?
4) David did more than just “deliver the cheese” when he ended up taking on Goliath (1 Samuel 17:17-18). He was alert to what God was doing. How is that an illustration of being intentional with opportunities for making disciples? How can we be more intentional in making disciples?
5) Making disciples is hard. Can you think of examples of how Jesus was patient with his disciples’ failings?
6) What can we learn about making disciples from John 15:2-5, 7-8?
7) What are areas in your life that you could be more intentional in being disciples or making disciples? (Family, community groups, neighbors, friends, co-workers, community involvement, etc.)