God's Children as Righteousness
Scripture: 1 John 3:4–3:10
True Life: 1 John
God’s children do righteousness
1 John 3:4-10
God’s children do righteousness since Jesus came to take away sins
1 John 3:4-10
4 Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness. 5 You know that he appeared in order to take away sins, and in him there is no sin. 6 No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him. 7 Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous. 8 Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. 9 No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's[a] seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God. 10 By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.
1) Everyone who commits sin commits lawlessness; sin is lawlessness, 3:4.
2) You know Christ appeared to take away sins and in Him there is no sin, 3:5.
3) No one who abides in Christ sins habitually, else he has not seen or known Him, 3:6.
4) Don’t be deceived: whoever does righteousness is righteous as Christ is righteous, 3:7.
5) Whoever habitually sins is of the devil, for he has sinned from the beginning, 3:8a.
6) The Son of God appeared to destroy the works of the devil, 3:8b.
7) No one born of God habitually sins for God’s seed abides in him, 3:9a.
8) One who has been born of God cannot continue in habitual sin. 3:9b.
9) We know if we are children of God or the devil if we do righteousness, 3:10.