Standing Firm in Grace: Living in view of the end
Scripture: 1 Peter 4:7–4:11
1 Peter: Standing firm in grace
Living in view of the end
1 Peter 4:7-11
The end is near so keep a clear head for prayer, love, be hospitable and serve
1) The end is near so keep alert and clear-headed for your prayers, 4:7.
2) The end is near so keep fervently loving one another for love overlooks offenses, 4:8.
3) The end is near so be hospitable to one another without griping, 4:9.
4) The end is near so serve using your gifts as good managers of God’s diversified grace, 4:10.
Romans 12:6, Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them…
1 Corinthians 12:7, To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.
1 Corinthians 12:11, All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills.
Ephesians 4:7, But grace was given to each one of us according to the measure of Christ’s gift.
5) If you have a speaking gift, speak in keeping with God’s very words,4:11a
4:11a: whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God;
6) If you have a serving gift, serve in the strength God provides,4:11b
4:11b : whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies
7) Speak God’s words and serve in His strength so He is glorified through Jesus Christ,4:11c
4:11c: in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
More in Standing Firm in Grace
July 7, 2013Standing Firm in Grace:1 Peter Series
June 30, 2013Standing Firm in Grace: Elders and the Flock of God
June 16, 2013Standing Firm in Grace: Suffering Joyfully