Standing Firm in Grace: Suffering for doing good
May 19, 2013 Speaker: Pastor Gary Smith
Scripture: 1 Peter 3:13–3:18
1 Peter: Standing firm in grace
Suffering for doing good
1 Peter 3:13-18
Don’t fear when suffering for doing good but honor Christ, for God will bless
1) No one can ultimately harm you for being zealots for what is good, 3:13.
2) Since God will bless you who suffer for righteousness, do not fear, 3:14.
3) Honor Christ as holy in your hearts, always ready to give a defense for your hope, 3:15.
4) Defend your hope with respect, so revilers of your good conduct may be put to shame, 3:16.
5) It is better to suffer for doing good, if God wills it, than for doing evil, 3:17.