Standing Firm in Grace:1 Peter Series
Scripture: 1 Peter 5:6–5:14
1 Peter: Standing firm in grace
Stand firm in God’s grace
1 Peter 5:6-14
Stand firm in God’s grace through faith as you suffer, as this leads to glory
1) Humble yourselves under God’s power so He may exalt you when Christ returns, 5:6
2) Humble yourselves by giving your anxieties to God, because He cares for you, 5:7.
3) Your enemy the devil seeks to destroy your faith so be clear-headed and alert, 5:8.
4) Resist the devil, steadfast in faith, knowing Christians throughout the world also suffer, 5:9.
5) The God of grace who called you to glory in Christ, will confirm you after you suffer, 5:10.
6) Let God’s eternal sovereign power be evident to all forever, 5:11.
7) The grace of God sustains your faith through suffering for final glory: stand firm in it, 5:12.
8) As God’s chosen express love to one another and the peace you have in Christ, 5:13-14.
More in Standing Firm in Grace
June 30, 2013Standing Firm in Grace: Elders and the Flock of God
June 16, 2013Standing Firm in Grace: Suffering Joyfully
June 9, 2013Standing Firm in Grace: Living in view of the end