Standing firm in Grace: Armed to break from sin
Scripture: 1 Peter 4:1–4:6
1 Peter: Standing firm in grace
Armed to break from sin
1 Peter 4:1-6
Arm yourself to suffer for Christ to break from sin and live for God’s will
1) Since Christ suffered, arm yourself to suffer, for to suffer for Him is to break from sin, 4:1.
2) Suffer for Christ in order not to live for human passions but for God’s will, 4:2.
3) Don’t live the way ungodly people want, in sensuality, drunken partying, and idolatry, 4:3.
4) Ungodly people are surprised and slander you when you don’t join in reckless living, 4:4.
5) The ungodly will give an account to Christ who will judge all the living and the dead, 4:5.
6) The ungodly judge those now dead who believed the gospel, yet these live by the Spirit, 4:6.
More in Standing Firm in Grace
July 7, 2013Standing Firm in Grace:1 Peter Series
June 30, 2013Standing Firm in Grace: Elders and the Flock of God
June 16, 2013Standing Firm in Grace: Suffering Joyfully